A fire breaks out in a hotel in Port Lympne in Hythe
A fire broke out last night in a guest room at the Port Lympne Hotel and Reserve in Hythe.
The incident took place at the Lion Lodge accommodation on the reserve and emergency services were called to the scene at 7:50 p.m. yesterday.
The Kent Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that the fire started in one of the exterior bathrooms in the complex attached to the guest accommodation and was under control at 8:13 p.m.
By signing up for the KentLive newsletter, you will receive the latest news straight to your inbox twice a day.
Nothing could be simpler and it only takes a few seconds – just tap here, enter your email address and follow the instructions. You can also enter your email address in the box below the image on most desktop and mobile platforms.
You can also register on our website and comment on our stories by clicking here and logging in.
The Kent Fire and Rescue Service said: “The Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to the Port Lympne Hotel and Reserve in Hythe, following reports of a small fire in an outdoor bathroom adjoining the guest accommodation.
âTwo fire trucks intervened and the teams extinguished the fire using a hose reel.
“No injuries were reported and the fire allegedly started accidentally after a candle was left unattended.”
Port Lympne is known for offering unique living experiences that have captured the attention of a number of celebrities in the past.
Gemma Collins, Frankie Bridge and Greg James are some of the stars who have shared snaps from the reserve.
The Lion Lodge immerses visitors in the enclosure of the pack with large panoramic windows offering unforgettable views.
Sleeping up to four people, the lodge also includes a private garden, monsoon shower, underfloor heating and an outdoor bathtub.
In September last year, Port Lympne was evacuated after the discovery of an exploded bomb in the reserve.
Guests, staff and animals had to be evacuated from the area while specialists dealt with the matter.